Friday, October 4, 2013

An Eye for an Eye

There’s a Drip, the faint patter is echoed throughout the room, replaying and replaying as it bounces off the bare walls, vocalizing its presence in the darkness.  Another and another, it collects in a puddle, starting to pool on the cement floor; the beautiful crimson colour beating drop by drop.

There’s an understanding of horror in her eyes as she slowly draws the conclusion that her boyfriend; her lover; her world, would never rise again.  That the flame once held in his eyes, now gouged, one lying somewhere on the table, I lost it in the excitement, would never return.  Had he been complacent; had he just done what I’d aid, he wouldn’t be in this mess.  An eye for an eye, he owed me.

Screaming from the pain, I had to quiet him one way or another.  A brick held high, I plunged it into his thick skull, the sound of the impact reverberating like dropped raw meat.  Blood was drawn and consequently a mighty gash surfacing the fragments of bone, but he kept on screaming.  Two more times it took, swinging with my might to get him to stop.  You could hardly recognize him after that; a few missing teeth and multiple open wounds now decorated his face, bleeding profusely.

The screaming stopped and it was then I realized from the image of his one good eye, he’d gone and died on me.  The fucker.  He still owes me and I shall have what is mine


Then, there’s that whimper; that quivered sound from just beyond.  I haven’t forgotten about you sweetheart.  Oh, not for a second.  I brought you for security; brought you for a reason.  Shall we get acquainted?  You stupid, stupid whore, seeing as how your man’s gone and left us so soon, I’ll have to take this one slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment