Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Last Word

Better late than never.  Could've sworn I put this out already.  Last two pages of the first series of Silhouette.  Think I'm finally ready to keep going.  Got some changes to update that you may want to go back and check out.  Point is I'm working on more.

The Last Word

My darling Rainfall,
It’s never my intention to have you read this, but as our fates lie in the hands of various variables beyond our control, there are times in which we may not have the opportunity to say a proper farewell.  In life you’ve made me the happiest man in the world.  Just knowing I have you by my side is more than anyone could ever ask for.  You are my everything, you are my universe.  Though petty words ring like trivial nonsense in the relation to my true feelings, might you still find it enduring to be reminded that I’ll always love you.
I’d request that you not be sad, to not grieve over my passing; though the mere contemplation of losing you is a thought I could never bare.  I beg that you find strength where I could not.  Death is the ultimate mystery of mankind and I won’t make frivolous assumptions about lasting consciousness, but know that I’m with you regardless.  In memory and in your heart, and wherever I may be now, I will always be with you.
You are the most beautiful being to grace this earth and I can’t help but feel eternally fortunate to have found you, let alone share love with a such goddess.  Naturally, I’ve left everything to you.  It is nothing in comparison to what you’ve given me over our years together, but I may rest comfortably knowing you’ll be taken care of.  Material objects aren’t much to leave behind, but the memories shared and surrounding adventures have meant so much more.  Whether sold, lost, or passed down, those shared experiences will never fade.
I love you dear Rainfall, and my admiration for you is eternal.
Keep up your explorations and let no one stand in your way,
Steven

Another page lay attached, this one, less formal and appear much more recent:


My sweet Silvia,
Random chance brought you to us in search of a job, and where I hired the best employee to ever grace our shop, we gained so much more in the process.  If I never get the chance to tell you in person, there are a few things I want you to know.  You are like the daughter I never had and love you as if you were.  You’re a beautiful young lady destined for greatness and I feel privileged to have met such a courageous fresh mind so late in life.  I want you to know it was always my intention to leave you the bookshop, and greatly considered the prospect of you moving in from that dreadful apartment.  You’re like family, and should be treated as such.  I’m sure Rain could use the company, now especially, and the house all seemed so dim with your absence.
Try not to close yourself off Silvia.  Love is such an important aspect of life, and though learning to love can be difficult and perhaps terrifying, you need to let people into your heart fully.  In time, I hope that you might find someone you can hold on to.  You are an incredible woman whether you believe it or not.  After all, in the end, happiness is all that matters in life; you’ve contributed so much to mine.
Find what makes you happy sweetheart,
Steve
P.S.

Make sure you find someone to water my goddamn plants, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment