Sunday, December 16, 2012

It's Christmas Bitch!

What's your favourite Christmas song?  It doesn't matter what religion you are, everyone has a favourite Christmas song, maybe you just haven't heard it yet.  Last year around this time I began getting sick of hearing the same songs, sung by the same people (most of whom I've never heard of), in the same fucking boring manner.  Don't get me wrong, John Denver and the Muppets rocks my socks, but I needed something new.  That's why I began "Have Yourself an Atheistic Christmas" last year to bring more contemporary artist with less traditional songs.  I scavenged the internet and found load of songs an made mix of them, and it was cool, but something was still missing.

This year I edited my former list, making appropriate corrections and updates in-order to better represent the cause.  I'd like to say, with great success, I finally finish and would like to present to you "It's Christmas Bitch!"  Enough Christmas fun and religious satire to get you through the holidays.  Like most music, all of these tracks can easily be found on the internet, you merely need to know how to go about looking for it.  The track-list below should ease that process.




It's Christmas Bitch!

Don't Shoot Me Santa- The Killers
Shake Up Christmas- Train
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Death Cab for Cutie
Yeah, I know, It's Christmas- Andrew Dost
Christmas Piglet- The Presidents Of The United State Of America
Policeman's Xmas Party- Five for Fighting
Get Behind Me, Santa!- Sufjan Stevens*
Lonely Christmas Eve- Ben Folds
I Wish It Was Christmas Today- Julian Casablancas*
2000 Miles- Coldplay
The Little Drum Machine Boy- Beck
Snowed Under- Keane
Bizarre Christmas Incident- Ben Folds
Father Christmas- The Kinks
Christmas Lights- Coldplay
Moving to New York- The Wombats
Christmas Day in the Sun- Hot Hot Heat
This Christmas Mix- Louis XIV
Christmas at the Zoo- The Flaming Lips
Lost in the Post- The Wombats
Wonderful Christmas Time- The Shins
White Wine in the Sun- Tim Minchin*
* Personal Favourites
Remember, Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus, for they merely stole that from the pagans.  Christmas is about being with people whom you give two shits about (not necessarily family) and celebrating the friendship.  So eat, drink, smoke, and be merry, cause it's Christmas bitch.
Happy Christmas,
Teej

No comments:

Post a Comment